February 2, 2011

Sunset with a Cherry on top

Hey my lovelies. I think I am finally getting back into the groove to life. Maybe all of this snow and crazy weather that is going on has something to do with that *wink wink*. I managed to get caught up on my house FINALLY and school is closed tomorrow.


Since all I can see outside is blinding white and stark grey blah-ness... I wanted some color on my fingers. So I have a little tutorial on how I did this nail look for you here.


I started off with my base coat and then did a thin streaky mess of a coat of white. I personally used China Glaze- Snow for this, but any white will do. I really like how it brings out the neon colors.





Next I dove right in and made a splotch of color right at the cuticle line with my yellow. I was not a perfectionist with this at all. Here I used China Glaze- Happy Go Lucky.






Once the yellow was mostly dry, I went in with my next color, Orange. I covered some of the yellow in some places and just did a messy line of it. It is kind of like a gradient but minus all the stippling with a sponge. For the Orange I used China Glaze- Sun Worshiper.






As my last shade I took a pinkish neon red. In my pictures I feel it looks more red red, but really its like a neon red with a slight lean toward pink or purple. The polish used for this final shade is China Glaze- Japanese Koi (neon).






So after all of that I let it dry for about 5 minutes. Then I took my Bundle Monster plates and used plate BM21 to stamp the cherry design over all of my nails. To stamp with, I used Konad Special Polish- Violet Pearl.






And tada... Sunset with a Cherry on top. As always (since I truly am a polish snob) I used Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat over everything. And yup as per my usual lazy self, I took pictures before clean-up. Id love to say I have something up my sleeve for Valentines Day... but I don't. It is not one of my favorite holidays. I still might do something, my permitted time for polish will be the deciding factor.


Hope you enjoyed and stay warm. Happy Polishing!

1 comment:

  1. that's really cute! i wish the plate was a little bigger so the design could fit my full nail.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts feelings and desires here...