July 4, 2012

Independence Day Stars and Stripes


Happy Independence Day or as most people know it 4th of July. This is my LOTD. I played with and toyed with this idea for awhile before finally finalizing this for todays LOTD last week. I am very happy with it.


The stars are just craft stars that are glued on with eyelash glue.


For a full list of products used check out my makeupbee page.



Now for my nails I used a Revlon color named Blue Lagoon. Its a Pastel blue with a silver shimmer in it.  Three Konad stamping polishes were used as well (red white and blue) including a konad plate  for the stamped splater looking overlay.


For a tutorial on how to achieve more than one color in a single stamping see HERE. An FYI the tutorial is a bit loud so turn down your speakers... but it does give the general idea on how to get the nail look I did. Video quality isn't the best either, still best I could find on the web after searching. This tutorial is now on my list for a future blog posts.


Could not for the life of me tell you now what plate I used... I pulled a no no and broke into the nail box and already re-taped it up. I think the family may suspect my breaking into closed boxes but if I keep breaking into them they might think it ok to do the same themselves. Best just leave the box alone and keep the plate number a mystery eh?


As always happy polishing! And having a wonderful/ safe Independence day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts feelings and desires here...