October 11, 2010

My First Foil: Geisha Plum

 

My kitty polish peeled off. Litter-ally. Yeah lame play on words there, but in all seriousness the polish peeled off of all of my nails but my thumbs. Not exactly what I wanted to wake up to. So after I got my kids on the school bus I decided to stop being intimidated by nail foils and try them. They have been sitting in my nail tool box for over a month. I kept looking at them, thinking I really ought to try those out, and walking away thinking they would be too much work. Nope I was WRONG! They were actually pretty easy, though they are not as cut and dry as everyone on YouTube seems to make them out to be.

I sat and watched I think 4 or 5 videos before attempting this. I would recommend anyone who tries these for the first time to do the same. I got some good tips but think I may post a small tutorial on how to get these on better once I figure it out myself. For a first try these turned out OK. If I had done something with a pattern I would have been disappointed.



With just the foils.


Tube of foil and the polish I laid down before I put the foils on. Should have used a purple. Live and learn. I got my foil from Dollarnailart.com China Glaze: Cowardly Lyin' and Geisha Plum Foil

Then because I thought the foil looked a bit tacky with all the bald spots and broken areas, I added halloween stamping to it. Now it looks more intentional with my voodoo guy and bloody drips.
Happy Polishing my pretties!

4 comments:

  1. WoW, you braved the foils and they look hot! I need to get brave; however, I don't even know where to find those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dollarnailart.com has a ton of differnt ones. as for finding them in a store i have NO idea. I havent seen foils anywhere myself other than online.

    Now I need to brave the water decals and other various stuff I bought/ got from hauls over the last couple of months. I have alot of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look great, especially for a 1st attempt! i agree it does look super easy on youtube but they are a little tricky. you'll be an expert in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got my order from the same place last week and played with some foils - it's hard - especially with curvy nails that encourage wrinkles. I used enamel girls photo tutorial, but you're right, i should check out some videos. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts feelings and desires here...